WELCOME COACH EMILY!!!!
It’s with great pleasure to announce our new Diamonds Assistant Director and Coach to all teams; Emily Brownawell. She comes to us with a wealth of experience and lacrosse knowledge.
Emily will be assisting Director Monica Yeakel in coaching all teams, practice and game plans, recruiting and all day to day tasks related to the success of Diamonds Lacrosse Club.
- B.A. in Kinesiology with a Minor in Sports Coaching and Management (2018)
- Four year Varsity starter on women’s lacrosse team
- Team Captain; Junior year
- All Centennial Team; senior Year
- Centennial Offensive Player of the Week; Junior and Senior seasons
- ECAC Player of the Week; Senior year
Ravens Lacrosse Club:
- Assistant Director and Head Coach; 5 years
- Field Hockey, Basketball & Lacrosse Coach; Middle School and High School
- Athletic Director Intern
- PE Teacher
- Masters of Education with a focus in Athletic Administration (working on presently)
DIAMONDS PARTNERS WITH BRIGANCE BRIGADE FOUNDATION!
The Brigance Brigade Foundation is a nonprofit organization created by former NFL player O.J. Brigance and his wife, Chanda to help equip, encourage and empower people living with ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis). Diamonds Lacrosse players have been challenged to raise $6,000 for the ALS support organization by May 2018 and to participate in the Brigance Brigade 5.7K Championship Event on Sunday, April 29, 2018. Additionally, Diamonds will be assisting in ongoing community service activities to help ALS families.
This past Saturday, the foundation and Diamonds kicked off their partnership. O.J. Brigance gave a moving talk to the girls which not only inspired our Diamonds but it was also an excellent example that “character” lives well beyond your time on the field. Other speakers included O.J.’s wife, Chanda, local Sports Announcer, Keith Mills, and Diamonds parent, friend to O.J., Mike Gathagan.
Diamonds is excited to announce this Partnership and is looking forward to their first community service project to begin this Spring.
To learn more about the Brigance Brigade Foundation visit www.brigancebrigade.org